Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Creative Cutter Room Blog Hop & Challenge: Strolling Through The Park

Hello Crafty Friends!

Here is my submission for the
Creative Cutter Room Blog Hop & Challenge:

For this challenge we were to create a project incorporating something you would see in a park and had to include 4 elements!  In order to discover what the 4 elements were, we had to hop through the design team's blogs.  Four out of six blogs would have one element.

The four elements are:  Color, Charm, Glitter & Embossing.













I started with a 5"x6 1/2" white card base.  To it, I added "sky" patterned paper from DCWV.  The "grass" is from the Sweet Stack.  The butterfly  and the flowers were cut from the "New Arrival" Cricut Cartridge.  The tree, squirrel and sun were cut from the "Create A Critter" Cricut Cartridge.  The clouds were cut from the "Sesame Street - Seasons" Cricut Cartridge.

I EMBOSSED the CLOUDS and TREE with my Cuttlebug, using the D'Vine Swirl folder.  The CHARM is from my stash, it's tied with a piece of twine that a little birdie must have left behind, hehe.  The COLOR is from Sky Blue Pearlescent INK from Brilliance, as I used it to add dimension to the CLOUDS.  I used a green Zig PEN to draw the flower's STEMS.  I used Peachy Keen Stamps to give faces to the FLOWERS, SUN AND BUTTERFLY.  I used a white Gelly Roll PEN for the EYES.  And, a pink Super Tips from Crayola MARKER for their' CHEEKS.  For the GLITTER element, I used different color STICKLES on the TREE, BUTTERFLY, FLOWERS AND SUN.  Gotta love BLING!

This card was inspired by what I envisioned a young child would draw as a nice spring day in the park.  I kept the proportions off on purpose, and wanted it to look cartoony rather than realistic.

I hope you enjoy.

***I am also linking up to:***
(Make a Spring card that incorporates bling of any kind.)


Thanks for stopping by! :-)

10 comments:

  1. What an adorable card Theresa! Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Cutter Room.

    Tonya
    CCR DT
    ittybittyladybugs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! Love the great scene you created! Great happy flowers! Thanks for joining us over at the Creative Cutter Room! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I looove all the peachies you used! it really brings life to your card :)
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Your card is just beautiful and you have a wonderful blog here. I am new to scrapping and recently did a project to hold markers. Please visit my site and follow it, I am now your newest follower. Hugs and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is adorable. I love the cuttlebug papers. Keep scrapin girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is adorable, I just love all of the extra little details you added. I just came across your blog and am a new follower. I am looking forward to more of your creations. I would like to invite you to check out my blog and follow me too.

    www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That scene you have on your card is so cute. So much detail.

    ReplyDelete