Saturday, June 9, 2012

Making "Ladybug Love" Card w. Cricut Craft Room

Happy Saturday Crafty Friends!

Today I thought I would show you how I created my "Ladybug Love" Card for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog (FCCB) using the Cricut Craft Room and my Cricut Expression.

Here, I've designed my Ladybug using the Create A Critter cart in the Cricut Craft Room.


Then, I decided on what colors would be assigned to which part of the Ladybug.


Loaded up my mat into my Cricut Expression and *CUT*!


Finished cuts.


Took off all of the excess paper.


I used the ever adorable Peachy Keen Stamps to give my Ladybug her darling face.
(PK-755 Critter Faces SET A Large)


Assembled my Ladybug and added white Gelly Roll pen to the eyes.


Chose my background paper (DCWV Extreme "Everyday" Stack), and glued down my Ladybug's shadow as well as the matte for my die cut phrase.


Used foam adhesive to give the words, "love bug" and my Ladybug some dimension.


And, here is the finished product.

You can view my Ladybug Love post here.

This card was also entered into the Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge #20.

Thanks for stopping by! :-)



6 comments:

  1. Very Pretty! I haven't ever done what you did with laying the paper out. It seems like it would be so much work, but maybe it would be easier than putting all those different papers into the cricut one at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DEFINITELY easier than cutting one at a time. I have only used this method since I started using the {FREE} Cricut Craft Room because I can lay out my mat exactly the way I want it on the screen, so therefore, placing the paper is easy peasy.

      Delete
  2. Your card is so cute.
    I am in awe of how you place your papers on the mat. I have a love/hate relationship with my cricut. I keep coming back to it though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, try the Cricut Craft Room! It will make Cricut-ing a lot easier, and probably more desirable. :-) I don't have a Gypsy, so my Cricut was basically, pick "this" cut, choose which color paper, and the end. Now, I can really get into changing the shapes, taking away contours, flipping, welding -- I'm having a lot more fun with the Cricut NOW that I can actually design exactly what I want to create.

      Delete